Effective Date: November 26, 2019
This Policy is a notice provided for informational purposes only. It does not form part of any contract between you and us, and we may change it at any time (although if we want to use your information for new, unrelated purposes, we may need to obtain your consent). Your use of our Site is governed by our Terms of Service. We hope this is never the case, but if you ever have an issue with how we use your information, our Terms of Service will help us resolve any legal issues.
This Policy covers the following topics:
- The Information We Collect About You
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- Security of Your Personal Information
- Retention of Your Personal Information
- Making Changes to Your Personal Information
- Personal Information Rights
- Children Under 18
- Contact Us
- Changes to this Policy
The Information We Collect About You
Information You Choose to Provide. If you are interested in becoming a franchisee (and we assume you are from being on the Site), you can provide us your name, email address, telephone number, and state and country in order to register your interest and to request more information. This allows us to provide you with more information about opportunities available to you and, if we think you may be a good fit, send you a link to the Application.
If, and when you complete the Application, you will be asked to provide full contact information; information about your business entity; your qualifications; your business experience; your financial qualifications; and additional information, including, to the extent permitted by law, criminal record disclosure and litigation and bankruptcy history. The provision of the information requested in the Application is necessary in order to be considered for a franchise opportunity.
You may also call or email us using the contact details provided on the Site in order to discuss franchise opportunities, or to otherwise submit and enquiry or complaint. In doing so, you may provide us with contact information which is needed for us to follow-up on your enquiry or complaint, or to send you information about franchising.
Information We Collect Automatically. Sorry if we get a little bit technical here for a minute, but we wanted to let you know that we automatically collect information about your use of our Site and the application through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. If applicable law lets us, we combine this information with other information we collect about you, including your personal information.
We automatically collect the following information about your use of our Site:
- IP address;
- browser type and operating system;
- device ID;
- web pages you view;
- links you click;
- the length of time you visit our Site;
- location (if you allow us to do so);
- email read count (if you receive emails from us; and
- the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To register your interest in franchising and to respond to you about franchising opportunities.
- To assess your Application to become a franchisee.
- To better understand how our Site is used on an aggregated basis, in order to improve our Site (for example, which parts of our Site are more or less popular), and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To personalize your experience of the Site, including by remembering information you have previously submitted to us.
- For security purposes (for example, to take steps to secure information submitted through a web form).
- To comply with our legal obligations.
- Where we believe we need to in order to exercise, establish or defend legal rights, to investigate, prevent or take action if we think someone might be using information for illegal activities, fraud, or in ways that may threaten someone’s safety or violate of our Terms of Service or this Policy, and to respond to lawful requests from regulators, law enforcement agencies, other government bodies and the courts.
- To make information available as part of due diligence, and then to transfer your personal information as part of any merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our stock/shares or assets.
Where required by applicable laws, we will establish a lawful basis for each use of your personal information. The initial provision of your contact information when you complete a form on our Site to register your interest in becoming a franchisee is necessary preliminary step, taken at your request, for us to potentially enter into a contract. We have a legitimate interest in using your personal information to assess your Application to become a franchisee, in order to ensure that we appoint competent franchisees, with appropriate experience and financial standing. We also have a legitimate interest in understanding how our Site is used, so that we can make improvements to it for the benefit of all users, and in personalizing and improving your browsing experience.
How We Share Your Information
We share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Service Providers. Our service provides may receive your information in connection with administering, hosting, maintaining, and improving our Site and the Application. The Site is administered and maintained on our behalf by a third party provider, Brand Journalists, Inc., the Site is hosted on our behalf by a third party provider, WPEngine, Inc., and the Application is hosted on our behalf by a third party provider, FranConnect, Inc.
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries for the purposes outlined above. If we do, their use and disclosure of your information will be subject to this Policy.
We also disclose information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain of your personal information with lenders, auditors, and advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
- In Response to Legal Process. We will disclose your information in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We disclose your information where we believe it is appropriate to do so to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, including for use as evidence in litigation in which Little Caesar is involved.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your device’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Sites and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Sites and Service. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your device when you close your browser or turn off your device. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session. This allows us to remember information which you have input into a form as you move through our Sites.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your device after you have closed your browser or turned off your device. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Sites and Services who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Sites, but some features may not function. You can disable the cookies using the recommendations included within the following site: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/es/ Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web and app pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Sites and Services to, among other things, track the activities of Sites visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
More information about cookies is available at: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Security of Your Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information you provide to us and that we collect from you from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction in accordance with the law. We want you to know that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee unbreakable security.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We will retain your information for as long as you remain a potential or actual franchisee, and for a set period of time thereafter in order to resolve disputes and enforce our rights. Information collected automatically will be retained for a limited period of time, in accordance with the technical settings which apply to the cookies used to collect the information. You can request the deletion of your personal information at any time (see below).
Making Changes to Your Personal Information
If you want to update, modify, or delete the personal information that you have given us, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected]. You should know though that cached, backup, and achieved copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may still be available to us for a period of time. We reserve the right to confirm your identity, and to decline requests to modify or delete data if we think those requests may be fraudulent, or if we need to retain personal information to comply with applicable law or to establish, exercise of defend legal rights.
Personal Information Rights
Depending on applicable law, you may have certain rights in relation to your personal information, including to access, erase or object to our use of your information. If you believe that you are entitled to such rights, and would like to exercise any of those rights, please contact us using the details provided below. To the extent that any rights are applicable, certain conditions, limitations or exemptions may attach to those rights. Remember, regardless of applicable law you can always contact us to request that we update, modify or delete your personal information (see above). In some countries, you will have a right to complain to your local data protection authority. However, we ask that you first try to resolve any issues with us directly.
Children under 18
Sorry kids, but our Site is not designed for children. If we discover that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will delete that information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Site, the Application, or would like to make a complaint, please contact us by mail at 2125 Woodward Ave, Detroit, Michigan 48201 United States of America, Attn: International Legal; or by e-mail at [email protected].
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site at International.LittleCaesars.com/privacy.